Friday, June 21, 2013

The Summer Solstice

The year is half over now. Today is the summer solstice. Just happens to be one of those special days of the year. We have gotten closer and Ashley has graduated and Jordyn completed her GED. Ashley is starting college in the fall and I think Jordyn may be also. My fingers are crossed. She has so much potential to be all she wants to be. I am so proud of my girls and happily things of the past are staying there, in the past. All of us are moving forward, and as much as it seemed to moving forward apart, I now see we are growing closer. Fathers day came and went and this year they were with me at church. Doesn't get better than that. And even though its not all the way to what I would call "perfect", it's really good right now. I'm feeling so blessed with where God has me. You girls have no idea how happy I am with you. I'm proud of the way you are taking charge of the next step in your life. Just knowing that you hear me and want my opinion, makes me feel like you are growing up. I guess that's the part has me feeling bad. I don't want you to grow up, but can't wait for you too either. The ole catch 22. I'm really no longer worried, you guys are making me so proud to be your dad. Thank you so much for all you are. TTP

No comments:

Post a Comment